Welcome! Here's the plan...
My aim with Wonder & Magic is specifically to fire up imaginations and
I make magic with language and images, and evoke a sense of wonder.
Together, these two powerful elements inspire young children to want to create and share stories.
I was genuinely shocked in a primary school some months ago when, in a whole school assembly, I asked the children: 'Who has a good imagination?' Out of 200+ children, maybe 20 hands went up. What?! That's simply not true! I believe every child has a vast, magical imagination. It's not something a chosen few are gifted with. But these children clearly weren't seeing it that way - and if they have such little faith in their ability to conjure stories, they will struggle endlessly to write them.
So what I am doing is this...
I have been a professional artist in education for 25 years, and I am drawing upon all the tools I have in my performer's tool bag - stories, puppets, music, emotional play and creative writing exercises - to help children unleash their imaginations and experience the joy of creativity. By the end of a session, your children will be buzzing with ideas that you can work with in the classroom, helping them to express themselves through writing, art or drama.
These specialist WONDER AND MAGIC sessions are designed to:
- Enable children to step out of their ordinary world for a while and get a sense of wonder and magic. This unconsciously generates the extraordinary feeling that previously undreamed-of things might actually be possible.
- Show children they have imaginations they can be proud of.
- Inspire and promote self-belief in one's own creativity.
- Support artistic self-expression.
- Create endless story ideas that can be further developed in the classroom.
- Explore the joy of connecting with others through shared creativity.
I hope you will join me on this magical adventure - and bring your children along too!